We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to fulfil an acoustic research and development position - come work with us and apply cutting edge audio technology to real world audio products!
The Audioscenic listener-adaptive 3D audio technology uses audio beams which are adapted to the user position in real-time using computer-vision-based tracking. Thanks to this, very realistic and accurate virtual acoustic experiences are created. For this, we use advanced listener-adaptive signal processing and state-of-the-art sound-field control techniques. An example of a system using our technology can be found here https://youtu.be/OYIY0a56Fw4
We are looking for a top-class, smart and ingenious individual, who is full of ideas and that can help us take our technology to the next level.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the Audioscenic Research and Development team. Audioscenic technology has its roots in top class research coming from Southampton University ISVR. Our new Audio Research and Development Engineer will be building state-of-the-art and innovative 3D audio technologies building up on these innovations.
The individual must work on the development of new 3D audio demo systems, and will also be expected to carry on research on novel adaptive sound-field control and signal processing methods.
Lab-based work is required for the tuning and development of systems, but a flexible mix between lab and home work is possible and encouraged.
Education and Experience
Masters Degree or PhD in Sound Field Control, Audio Signal Processing or Electrical Engineering or 2-3 years equivalent industrial experience in research and development audio engineering.
Skillset and Interests
- Strong experience in mathematical modelling languages (Python preferred, Matlab, Octave, Mathematica)
- Experience in performing acoustical measurements
- Expertise in designing, conducting, and evaluating subjective experiments
- Strong knowledge of signal processing and sound-field control theory
- Experience with cross-talk cancellation systems and loudspeaker arrays
- Real-time audio programming experience (for example MaxMSP, Pure Data)
- Programming skills Python, C++ is desirable
- Practical electronics experience desirable
- Electroacoustics experience desirable
- Friendly, outgoing and communicative personality are a plus plus
Audioscenic Limited, Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Audioscenic Limited is a company that specialises in the design and implementation of technology for advanced listener-adaptive reproduction. Audioscenic licenses software and reference designs for computer-vision-based, listener-adaptive 3D audio systems. Using small arrays of loudspeakers and in house head-tracking technology, our systems can render a breathtaking audio experience in a wide range of applications.
Audioscenic is a young VC backed start up, offering the benefits of a friendly working environment and a wide range of day-to-day tasks with opportunities for training, career progression and international travel.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com